Get a Perfect Smile with Porcelain Veneers
At New Orchard Dentistry in West Bloomfield, we offer porcelain veneers as part of our comprehensive menu of cosmetic dentistry solutions. When you want your imperfect teeth to be flawless, when you finally want that VIP smile, it’s time to find out if porcelain veneers are right for you.
Cosmetic Problems Fixed by Porcelain Veneers
Veneers are a versatile cosmetic dentistry solution. In just two appointments, veneers can do in one procedure what would take several other cosmetic enhancements to achieve. Instead of teeth whitening and Invisalign and bonding and crowns, you can opt for veneers and correct everything at once, including:
- Short teeth
- Worn enamel
- Every aesthetic complaint you have about your teeth
Porcelain veneers are a permanent, long-lasting smile makeover. With proper care and regular visits to your West Bloomfield dentist, they can remain strong and intact for decades.
Teeth are carefully prepped to make room for the veneers. In many cases, a small amount of tooth enamel must be ground away to allow the porcelain to be bonded in place. Once the veneers are applied, they are shaped to create the final look, which should be completely natural. We will check your bite and make sure your veneers are comfortable and working properly before sending you on your way to enjoy your new life with your new smile.
Customized Veneers in West Bloomfield
Porcelain veneers are customized to the patient in all ways so the final product complements and flatters your appearance. The characteristics of porcelain veneers will vary based on your mouth shape, face shape, skin tone, and even age and gender. To get a smile makeover that looks completely natural, every element of the veneers must be carefully considered – there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all porcelain veneers.
The dental lab creates porcelain veneers one at a time based on the instructions of your dentist, details that come from careful, thoughtful collaboration between doctor and patient. Together, you and your dentist will discuss:
- Color: There is not just one shade of white. Yes, you want white teeth, but you don’t want them so white that they’re blinding, or brighter than the whites of your eyes. You want your teeth to look natural, and sometimes a shade of candlelight or a slightly duller tone will look more genuine than super-white teeth.
- Translucency: Light passes through natural teeth. Bad fake teeth are noticeable because they reflect very little light. The color of your teeth under the veneers also affect the final shade of the veneers. Translucency and brightness, sometimes called value, are critical elements in your smile makeover that must be carefully considered.
- Size: Many patients pursue veneers because they have short teeth or long teeth and want their smile to be more uniform, less juvenile looking, or less horsey looking. Getting veneers in just the right size is an important judgment call.
- Shape: Teeth are not just square or rectangular. They are rounded or flat, feminine or masculine, young and mature, sharp and oval. Each tooth is its own unique entity – though uniformity is the goal – and shape is just one more essential component that completes the whole.
Are You a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Your current teeth act as a foundation for veneers, which are wafer-thin porcelain shells bonded to the front of the teeth. That means your oral health must be in good shape, your gums too. You can’t build something new on a shaky foundation.
Schedule your consultation with New Orchard Dentistry in West Bloomfield to discuss your smile makeover hopes and goals. You may discover that porcelain veneers are just the right cosmetic dentistry solution for your lifestyle and budget. Contact us today to learn more.