Dentists have always taken careful steps to maintain the safety and health of their patients and office environments. The safety protocols at New Orchard Dentistry are more extensive and thorough than ever. We want all our visitors to feel secure and comfortable when the time comes to address their oral health.
Infection Control and Social Distancing Protocol
At New Orchard Dentistry, we strictly follow the infectious disease control and social distancing protocol regarding COVID-19. To avoid full waiting rooms and to maintain the safest environment, here is what you can expect from our Bloomfield Township dental office.
Before Your Dental Visit
- Schedulers will screen patients for COVID-related symptoms, such as fever, cough, muscle aches, or shortness of breath.
- Patients will be asked if they have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or if they have traveled out of state recently.
- If you have any sort of cough, cold, or respiratory complaint, your appointment will be rescheduled.
When You Arrive at Our Dental Office
- Come alone to your appointment unless you require assistance and have spoken with the scheduler ahead of time.
- Call the office from your vehicle when you arrive and wait there until we call or text you that it is your turn to be seen.
- You will undergo a COVID-19 symptom screening and have your temperature taken.
- Wear a mask when you enter our dental office and do not remove it until you are requested to do so.
- Use hand sanitizer at designated stations or when asked to do so.
Dental Staff Safety Protocols
You are used to seeing your dentist, hygienist, and the rest of your oral health team pretty covered up with masks and gloves. Now, we will be wearing even more personal protective equipment to ensure everyone’s utmost safety.
Know that the same precautions you see us taking in front of you are maintained behind the scenes and even when there are no patients present. The minimum daily precautions among staff include:
- Temperature checks
- Screening for COVID-19 symptoms
- Hand washing before and after every patient
- KN95 masks worn at all times
- Protective eyewear, gloves, protective clothing, and face shields worn at all times
How We Clean Our Dental Office
- Surfaces are cleaning and disinfected between patients, including exam chairs, headrests, armrests, dental radiograph equipment, dental chairside computer and keyboards, reusable containers of dental materials, drawer handles, faucet handles, countertops, pens, telephones, and all other supplies.
- Careful and proper transportation of dental equipment to sterilization area for thorough and meticulous cleaning
- Front desk, lobby, door handles, light switches, chairs, restrooms, checkout spaces, and common surfaces wiped down multiple times daily
Exceptional Safety Protocols at West Bloomfield Township Dentist
Dr. Firas Nashef has taken great steps to ensure that his dental office is as safe as possible for patients and staff, heavily investing in equipment to further clean and sterilize the environment and all surfaces beyond typical cleaning measures, including:
- Hospital-grade air purification systems geared for dental office use
- Permanent glass barriers to control air movement and reduce the spread of bacteria between rooms
- Isolite hands-free suction for patient comfort and effective reduction of aerosols in treatment rooms
- Hypochlorous acid fogging to disinfect all rooms, the air, and staff in between patients
Feel Safe at New Orchard Dentistry
If you would like to discuss any of our COVID-19 safety protocols, do not hesitate to contact New Orchard Dentistry in West Bloomfield Township. We look forward to providing you with the quality oral health care we always have so you can maintain strong teeth and gums and feel comfortable in your dentist’s office.
We ask that you please have patience since our preparation for your appointment may take a little extra time, but everything we do is to keep you safe and make you feel safe in these uncertain times. Our kind, gentle, efficient care remains the same and we look forward to seeing you soon.