Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments. It’s fast, easy, affordable, and effective. Whether you want to whiten your teeth in-office or in the privacy of your own home, both options are available at New Orchard Dentistry in West Bloomfield.
Transform Your Smile with Professional Teeth Whitening
There are hundreds of over-the-counter products available. They all promise to give you a whiter smile in no time, but they don’t always deliver. Store-bought products often result in inconsistent whitening, discomfort, and temporary, uneven effects.
Your West Bloomfield dentist’s teeth-whitening products are different, because they contain professional-grade bleaching components for deep, thorough whitening.
- ZOOM! Whitening: ZOOM! is a one-hour, in-office, teeth whitening treatment that makes teeth multiple shades whiter in a single dental visit. The treatment is carefully calibrated for a patient’s unique teeth, so you get even, consistent results. Getting this treatment at your dentist’s office also means the lips and gums are carefully covered to avoid irritation. The whitening agent is applied to the front surfaces of your teeth and cured with a laser light to create a sparkling smile.
- Take-home teeth-whitening trays: For patients who prefer to whiten their teeth on their own time, take-home trays are available. Convenient and effective, these kits are customized to fit your teeth precisely. The trays and bleaching gel are accompanied by careful instructions from your West Bloomfield dentist about how to administer the whitening for the best results. It takes about two weeks to complete a whitening treatment with take-home trays.
Both professional whitening methods are precise, safe, and accurate, and deliver results superior to any over-the-counter whitening treatments. If you’re looking for VIP-level white teeth, you’ll get them with your dentist’s help.
Fast Facts About Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is a tried and true cosmetic dentistry treatment that works for many people. Find out whether you might be a good candidate for this treatment. Here are some of the most important things to know about this smile makeover procedure:
- Perfect teeth aren’t necessary. Your teeth don’t have to be perfect to qualify for a whitening treatment from your West Bloomfield dentist. A ZOOM! whitening makes teeth look so good they create an illusion of perfection, even if they’re otherwise flawed.
- The results are legendary. When you undergo a professional teeth-whitening treatment, your teeth can be seven to eight times whiter. They will gleam and make you look healthier, happier, and simply better. The results can last for up to three years if you take good care of your teeth and see your dentist regularly.
- Your teeth may not be able to be whitened. Some patients have enamel characteristics that prevent whitening from being an option. If you are born with teeth that are dull in color, their appearance cannot be altered by whitening – the bleach needs something to remove from the teeth to make them brighter. In cases like this, porcelain veneers may be your cosmetic dentist’s recommendation for a complete smile makeover.
- Your enamel may be more susceptible to tooth stains. If you have thin tooth enamel, the yellowish dentin underneath can shine through, making teeth look yellow. Your dentist may be willing to try a treatment if that’s what you want, but teeth like this are more susceptible to tooth stains, even if you have good oral hygiene and professional whitening.
- There are many causes of tooth stains. Brushing and flossing are important, but they aren’t always enough to combat the stains and discoloration that build up on your teeth over time. Drinking coffee and wine and colas, smoking, aging, or taking certain medications can cause a smile to yellow and dull.
Get Teeth Whitening in West Bloomfield