When you want whiter teeth and want them fast, the answer is not your pharmacy’s dental care aisle – it’s your cosmetic dentist’s office and a ZOOM! teeth whitening treatment. This powerful bleaching procedure can get dingy, yellow, brown, and discolored teeth brighter, whiter, and looking flawless in no time, and it is offered by Dr. Firas Nashef at New Orchard Dentistry in West Bloomfield Township.
How a ZOOM! Teeth Whitening Treatment Works
Professional teeth whitening remains one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments available because it transforms smiles in no time. The magical ingredients that make all the difference between a ZOOM! whitening and over-the-counter whitening treatments are professional-grade bleaching agents like carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide. These elements tunnel deep into tooth enamel to break up the stains from within and deliver an impressive transformation that leaves teeth multiple shades whiter.
Here is how a ZOOM! teeth whitening treatment usually works – and it only takes about an hour to complete:
- Preparation: Desensitizing gel, cotton rolls, and cheek retractors are put carefully in place to protect you from any potential irritation from the bleaching. At this time, a pre-whitening surface cleaner is also applied to the teeth.
- Whitening: The whitening gel is carefully and evenly applied to the teeth, after which a high-intensity blue LED light is shone on the enamel to accelerate the whitening process. Application and activation are repeated as needed to get the desired shade of white.
- Post-care: A second gel is applied to the teeth to protect tooth enamel and reduce sensitivity, all safeguards are removed, and the stunning, white smile is revealed.
Benefits of ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
A ZOOM! teeth whitening treatment is satisfying in multiple ways, working as an accessory that you always have with you no matter what. Whether you want to look better in person, in photos, or on video calls, whether you want to have brighter teeth for your job, your dates, or simply to feel like your best self, this smile makeover treatment delivers.
- Convenient: Get the white teeth you want painlessly and avoid a more invasive cosmetic dentistry treatment.
- Fast: Save time and transform your smile in just about an hour at the dentist.
- Long-lasting: Professional whitening results can last for years with proper brushing and flossing and regular visits to your dentist. Plus, take-home whitening trays allow for touch ups to keep your smile sparkling.
- Customized: Your unique tooth enamel is carefully considered and the bleaching treatment is calibrated to deliver the most effective results, up to eight shades whiter than your usual teeth color.
- Flattering: Even if your teeth aren’t perfect, ZOOM! whitening can create the illusion of perfection. Plus, whiter teeth automatically make a person look younger, happier, and healthier.
Cost Factors of ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
Because ZOOM! teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry treatment, it is typically not covered by dental insurance and is therefore an out-of-pocket expense. However, at New Orchard Dentistry, we offer CareCredit and accept all major credit cards. In the grand scheme of smile makeovers, teeth whitening is an affordable, worthwhile treatment that lasts and can make even flawed teeth look flawless.
Overall cost factors can include:
- The type of whitening treatment
- How many rounds of whitening are needed
- Location of the dental office
- Whether take-home whitening trays are included
Are You a Good Candidate for ZOOM! Whitening?
ZOOM! teeth whitening is a possibility for so many patients, but some people will have the kind of tooth enamel that cannot be whitened and will need to rely on other cosmetic dentistry treatments to transform their smile. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Nashef at New Orchard Dentistry in West Bloomfield Township and find out if ZOOM! is right for you.